How would you define healthy skin?
A healthy skin feels good and looks radiant. There is no discomfort and it reflects a healthy body.
What do people take for granted when it comes to looking after their skin?
People forget that their wellbeing and in turn, their skin, is directly linked to their lifestyle.
Here are a few lifestyle choices to kick-start your journey to healthy skin:
- Eat a well-balanced diet, consisting mostly of unprocessed, raw food.
- Avoid sugar. Our bodies aren’t designed to cope with too much sugar and because it’s so addictive, we just want more and more.
- Get enough deep, restorative sleep. Examine the habits you’ve created and make changes if necessary. Avoid all screens before bedtime and create a quiet, dark environment conducive to good sleep.
- Exercise regularly. Keep the blood flowing and the muscles strong, but be careful not to over-train. Listen to your body because it will tell you when it needs a rest.
- Reduce your stress levels. Create a reasonable schedule for your workday and make time to do things that are meaningful to you.
- Be still. There is no way of knowing how you’re really doing if you don’t make time to find out, which requires time to shut down the constant stimulation around us and be quiet to go within.
What food is recommended to keep skin looking its best?
Healthy skin requires that one eats a well-balanced diet consisting of real food. Eat fresh food in its rawest form. If you stick to what Mother Nature provides, you’ll be in good hands.
What one small change do you think people can implement in their diets to get healthier skin?
One change that will make a big difference is to hydrate the body well, so drink enough water every day.